What's Your Sign (Animal)?
The Chinese culture studies the heavens to determine the personality of the individual and even how well he or she will do in life.
The Oriental zodiac differs from the Western version by dividing the signs into years, not months. Each year is named after a new
animal that imparts distinct characteristics to everyone born that year. The Eastern zodiac works in a 12 year cycle. Many
Chinese believe that the year of a person's sign can determine their personality, habits and characteristics. To learn about your
Animal Sign, find the year of your birth among the 12 signs below. If you were born before 1936, add 12 to find your year.
- Rat--1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996.
- The rat is very honest; almost too honest. Sometimes your honesty hurts your friendships and because of this you seldom
make lasting friendships. You are very ambitious and want nothing more than to succeed in life. In the area of money,
however, you lack the self-discipline to keep any in your bank account. You are most compatible with Dragons and
Monkeys. Stay away from the Horse; the two of you will always be arguing.
- Ox--1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997.
- Bright, patient and inspiring to others. You work best by yourself and tend to be very introverted. Because of your
patience you make a great parent. Your only fault is that you sometimes let friendships slip because of your shyness.
Allow yourself to open up and you will find a world full of treasures in friendships. The best mate for you is either a Snake
or Cock. Beware of the Sheep.
- Tiger--1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998
- Ferocious is the only way to describe the feisty tiger. Some of you best personality traits is you sensitivity, candidates, and
courage. But along with a good side you also have a bad. Sometimes you can be very stubborn and almost to aggressive
that it sometimes turns people off. A Horse or Dog is a good mate for you. Take caution of the Monkey.
- Rabbit--1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999.
- This is the luckiest of all signs, a person with this animal is very talented and articulate. Affectionate, yet sometimes shy,
you seek harmony throughout your life. Marry a Sheep or Boar. Warning!! Stay away from the Cock. Bad news.
- Dragon--1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000
- The Dragon sign is one of the most complex and mysterious of all the signs in the zodiac. You love life and you're lucky to
have abundant health to enjoy all the things that you want to do in life. Marry a Monkey or Rate late in life. Take caution
of the Dog.
- Snake--1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001
- The Snake has a tendency to be very vain and be attracted to physical beauty. Another of your negative characteristics is
your temper which sometimes gets you into trouble. You need to learn how to relax and not always "blow your top."
Despite your flaws you are a very intense person with a lot of wisdom that you are happy to share with others. The Cock
or Ox are your best signs.
- Horse--1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002
- The Horse is always at the center of attention- or else it tries to be. If you're a Horse watch out for the opposite sex, they
are drawn to you because of your charm and popularity. Sometimes though, because the Horse is always at the center of
attention you can become very ostentatious and impatient if you don't get your own way. Although you are not a needy
person you like to draw attention to yourself and be noticed by others. Marry a Tiger, Dog or Monkey, but never a Rat.
- Sheep--1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003
- The Sheep is a very quiet person who places a high value on their personal life and keeping it that way--personal. If you
are a Sheep you thrive for excellence and are always looking for a challenge so you can demonstrate your creative side.
Although Sheep display a greater elegance than any of the other signs, they can also be very timid and constantly need
reassuring and an occasional ego massage. Sheep make great partners with Boars and Rabbits, but never the Ox.
- Monkey--1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004
- The Monkey is very intelligent and able to influence people. Sometimes though the Monkey thinks they're better than they
really are, and leads people to think that they are cocky and "full of themselves." An enthusiastic achiever, the Monkey
tries to excel in everything. They make great lovers because they're always trying to please their partners (remember
Monkeys want to master everything--apparently that includes the bedroom). The Monkey's only flaw is their confusion
and inability to resolve personal turmoil. Advice for the Monkey: stay away from Tigers. Seek a Dragon, Rat or Horse.
- Cock--1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005
- A Cock is a workaholic, devoted to work and the quest for knowledge. Cocks are naturally ambitious and want the best
from life. They realize that if they work hard now then they can play later. However, because they are so determined to
succeed Cocks often neglect friendships and loved ones. They can sometimes be selfish, only looking out for their own
interests. Rabbits are trouble for the Cock. Snakes and Oxen are great mates.
- Dog--1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006
- Dogs make great team leaders because they work so well with others. They are very loyal and honest. Whenever there is
a problem, the person everyone turns to is the dog. The Dog is very generous but sometimes only when it suits them.
Sometimes they can be very selfish and stubborn. Look to the Horse or Tiger. Watch out for Dragons.
- Boar--1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007
- The Boar is a very chivalrous and noble animal. Your friends will be lifelong because of your kindness and friendly
personality. Sometimes though you get to involved in others persona life which might cause marital strife. Avoid others
Boars. Marry a Rabbit or a Sheep.
Return to China