TEAMQUEST '96 MANNED SPACEFLIGHT HOMEPAGE
TeamQuest '96 has constructed this page for your enjoyment and use. You will find this is the most comprehensive private spacesite on the WWW today. We spent most of our summer vacation reaserching and constructing this site, we hope that our hours of research and HTML programming assist you. We have taken painstaking effort to ensure that all systems can view our site. We have listed tips on how to best view our site and other sites as well.
WWW viewing tips
- Use Netscape 2.0 or higher to surf the WWW.
- Many browsers do not support JAVA script or Tables, both of which we have included in our site for your convenience and enjoyment.
- Faster text and image loading.
- Open Standards
- Netscape has just released 3.0 version, we have downloaded but not installed yet due to contest time constraints. We strongly suggest upgrading if you have not. You may find a place to download on our gather/dyno page !!
- Set up your on-line software correctly.
- Set your modem parameters to twice the speed that your modem is rated at. Modems can move data faster than they are rated.
- If your modem is a 9,600... set it at 19,200.
- If your modem is a 14,400... set it at 28,800.
- If your modem is a 28,800... set it at 57,600.
- If your modem is a 33,300... set it at 66,600.
- If your modem is slower than listed... GET A NEW MODEM !!
- Set your cache correctly and clear it regularly.
- Netscape is cache hungry, set the memory accordingly.
- About twice the cache as default is a good place to start.
- If you are searching for facts, turn the images off !
- Check your systems parameters.
- This site was constructed on High-resolution systems. Set your system at the highest resolution possible.
- All images are 256 colors, there is no need for you to run more colors for our site. This aids in quick image loading.
- General Tips
- Stay with one site as long as possible, gather the information you need there before using the outside links.
- Bookmark cool pages so that you can find them later in a snap.
- Do not download large files during peak hours. The Internet gets bogged down in the evenings due to high usage.
- Do not run more applications than necessary, you will run out of RAM and cause a protection error.
- Make the screensize as large as possible enabling you to see as much information as possible at one time.
We hope that these tips help you in your WWW ventures. TeamQuest '96 has spent so much time on the WWW recently that we forget these tips occasionally. You may print this page and keep it for review.
This page was constructed for the THINKQUEST project and is the fruit our many labors. The text and some images included in these HTML files are © copyright protected and property of TeamQuest '96. To see
the list of people that assisted us in this project please visit the
TEAMQUEST '96 THANK YOU PAGE.
We really want to know what you think of this site, and welcome your feedback at the
or if your viewer does not support forms you may send us e-mail at
TeamQuest c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated by TeamQuest '96 c/o email@example.com on August 15th 1996 at 20:59:59 PDT