Project Ideas Courtesy Mission San Juan Capistrano:
- Visit The Mission. Draw a picture of your favorite spot, do
a photo journal, or a video report of your visit.
- Make a classroom bulletin board with a specific theme such
as: crops grown and how they were used as food, or the type of goods
made and traded at the Missions
- Make a mobile or poster depicting animals found at the missions,
crops grown, or cattle brands of each mission.
- Make a diorama depicting Mission activities and people
- Plan and play some Indian games: Nut-Dice game, Hand or Grass
game, or the Stick game.
- Make a chicken wire, box, or card loom and do some weaving of
- Have a Mission Party with atole (thick, hot drink), pozole
(pork and hominy stew), and bunelos (fried dessert); or make your
own menu choices. Here is the recipe.
- We are sure students and teachers will be able to expand this list.
It is only a starting point to get ideas flowing.