We especially want to thank Tom Willard and his publisher, Evan Swensen for their help, encouragement, and permission to use drawings from Mr. Willard's book, "Demons of Stony River". Visit www.alaskaconnect.com/books.html
Special thanks to Howard Golden, Alaska Dept. of Fish & Game, Division of Wildlife Conservation for the use of "Wolverine Demography and Ecology in SouthCentral Alaska" and "Furbearer Management Technique Development" by Howard Golden. "Population Characteristic, Ecology, and Management of Wolverines in Northwestern Alaska", a thesis by Audrey J Magoun, M.S.
Also, special thanks to Jeff Cain, another wolverine enthusiast, for sending drawings and photographs for us to use on this web site.
Other materials used during the development of this web page are:
- "Magnetic North", Jeff Cain, BBC Wildlife, Dec 1994
- "Devil Bear", Bruce Auchly, Montana Outdoors, Sept/Oct 1995
- "Demon of the North", Adele Conover, Defenders, Summer 1994
- "The Wanderer", Stephen Stuebner, National Wildlife, Oct/Nov 1997
- "The Fugitive", Kevin Krajick, Audubon, Jan/Feb 1997
- "Alaskan Wildflowers", Verna E Pratt
- "Alaska's Mammals", Dave Smith
- "The Great Alaska Nature Factbook", Susan Ewing
- "Guide to the Birds of Alaska", Robert H Armstrong
- "Animal Tracks of Alaska" Chris Stall, Mountaineers
A very special thanks to Vince , whose computer skills enabled us to make this site a reality. His trouble-shooting capabilities and attention to details turned frustrations into success
Through the Eyes of a Wolverine, © 1998 Justin & Bryan. About Us