We invite you to send us your ideas for lesson plans. We will format the lesson for inclusion in this area. If you have any questions, comments, likes, dislikes, or other remarks, you can send a message to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Jolene Schneider)
- Skill: Mythology review - memory techniques - listening skills, puns
- This lesson has been used for the junior high school student. The lesson assumes that the students have background information on Aphrodite, Cupid, Persephone, the Trojan War and Jason and the Argonauts.
1. Langston Hughes Lesson Plan
- Skill: Introduction to the life and poems of Langston Hughes - Harlem Renaissance
- This lesson has been used for the junior high school students. Students will investigate Langston Hughes' life. Students will be asked to interpret "A Dream Deferred" in the contest of their personal lives and their country.
2. Maya Angelou Lesson Plan
- Skill: Introduction to Maya Angelou - poetry
- This lesson plan has been used for the junior high student. Students will investigate Maya Angelou's life. Students will be asked to interpret "Clinton Inaugural Poem" in the context of this year's election.
Back to the Lance Home page