You and your classmates have just learned that Ms. Oteman, your science teacher, is requiring that all of her students build science projects by the end of this grading period.
Today you will be visiting the American Science and Surplus Store. You should be able to find everything you need for your project at this amazing store. Enjoy browsing, and feel free to order a catalog too! Be sure to solve the following math problems along the way. Please print this page now and solve the problems on the printed copy. Show your work.
- Question 1:
- When you enter the store you notice that the clerk is wearing a real neat Pocket Tree Frog. You just have to buy one for yourself and one for each of your five friends. How much change will you get if you pay for the frogs with a $20.00 bill?
- Question 2:
- Your friend decides to buy two Water Rockets and a Drinking Bird. How much change should she get from a $20.00 bill?
- Question 3:
- John wants to make a tornado project. He decided to get as many Tornado Tubes as he can with $12.00. How many Tornado Tubes can John buy?
- Question 4:
- Jessica buys one package of Pixie Fortune Balls, but she only needs 20 balls for her project. Tim agrees to buy the remaining balls at cost. How much should Tim pay?
- Question 5:
- You notice a great set of Flashy Animal Cards that you could use to make a Jeopardy game. You need 144 cards for the game. How much change should you get from a $10.00 bill when you purchase the cards?
- Question 6:
- Richard decides to buy a Lightning Globe for his project, but he has only $28.00. He borrows $15.00 from you and the rest from Tom. How much did he borrow from Tom?
- Question 7:
- Alice challenges you to find four different items whose total cost comes as close to $20.00 as posible without going over. List the items and their costs.