Your rich uncle has treated you and your friends to an all-expense paid trip around the world. This trip was a reward for your hard work and good grades in math last year! You have returned with a pocket full of foreign currency:
- 28 German Marks
- 1082 Japanese Yen
- 19 Egyptian Pounds
- 75 Mexico New Pesos
You will use an online Currency Converter to determine the value of your pocket money. Please print this page and answer the questions on the printed copy.
- 1. What is the value of 28 German Marks in US Dollars?
- 2. What is the value of 75 Mexico New Pesos in US Dollars?
- 3. What is the total value of your pocket money in US Dollars?
- 4. Which is worth more, 19 Egyptian Pounds or 1082 Japanese Yen? How did you decide?
- 5. You ride your bike to the local PDQ with 1082 Japanese Yen stuffed in your sock. You purchase 105 "Airheads" for 13 cents each. How much change in US Dollars will you get from the very cooperative sales clerk when you put all 1082 Yen on the counter? Show your work please.
- 6. John and Joan have the same value of currency in their pockets. John has 15 German Marks and 7 Egyptian Pounds. Joan has 30 Mexico New Pesos and some US currency. How many US Dollars does Joan have? Show your work.
Back to the Online Activities Page -=|=-Back to the Lance Home page