Today you will be visiting the Animal Bytes Database at Sea World. Select an animal that is of interest to you and print the information. Read the information about your animal and then on the back of the printed copy :
- Write a one paragraph summary about your animal.
- Write three math story problems about your animal using mathematical information provided in the printed copy. Be sure to show a solution for each problem.
- An example: 20% of the weight of a polar bear is made up of the stomach contents of the bear. If a bear weighs 1200 pounds, how much food is in its stomach?
- Solution: 20% of 1200 = .20 x 1200 = 240 pounds in the stomach
- Be sure to visit the Sea World Busch Gardens Home Page .
Back to the Online Activities Page -=|=-Back to the Lance Home page