Evaluation of laboratory equipment is best served if it was designed as a laboratory practical. However, the following is offered for a self-check. These example questions/statements do not reflect the entire equipment list. These statements do not directly reflect the copy given for any particular piece of equipment, but rather are designed for understanding rather than memorization.
Students should number a sheet of paper from one to ten. An attempt should be made to answer all of the following before checking the answers!
- 1 & 2) Basic storage and chemical handling containers. (2 answers)
- 3) Accurate devise for measuring liquid volume.
- 4) What devise is used to stimulate the way that materials move in and out of a cell?
- 5) Designed to prevent oxygen from reaching a combustible materials.
- 6) What devise allows for magnification of objects too large for a microscope?
- 7) How do you test to see if a chemical is strong enough to dissolve living tissues?
- 8) How do you determine the mass of an object?
- 9 &10) Safety devise to prevent chemical splash. (2 answers)
Your teacher may insist on additional answers depending upon how some of these pieces of equipment were presented.
1) Question #1 or #2
2) Question #1 or #2
5) Question #5
6) Question #6
7) Question #7
8) Question #8
9) Question #9 or #10
10) Question #9 or #10
Return to equipment list