Here are 10 basic site design tips:
- Make your site easy to navigate
- Use graphics sparingly
- When you do use graphics, be sure to optimize them and make
sure that they are the smallest possible
- Make sure that the majority of people can view your site properly
- Never make a site designed for users who have a resolution greater
than 800x600, the current standard
- Use a uniform color scheme throughout the site
- Don't rely on Java or DHTML to run your site unless you provide
a reasonable alternative to those who can't use it
- Always do things in the simplest way possible. For example,
don't use Java to make a link.
- Don't isolate certain users and make it so they can't view your
site unless you make an alternative to those who aren't
- Never assume.