Destination and Climate
1) Name the largest desert of the world.
2) Dry pieces of land are also called _____areas.
3) The deserts of the world are all placed on the lines of the______.
4) Name the driest desert of the world.
5) The Great Basin is a complex of many ________.
6) 'Hot' deserts have high ________temperatures year-round.
7) All desert areas have approximately 250mm of ________annually.
8) The crescent-shaped sand dune which is famous especially in Arabia is the _____dune.
9) An _____is a fertile place in the desert with water and trees.
10) The two major deserts in South Africa are the Kalahari and the ______.
11) As the desert dunes are ever-changing, the desert is also called the 'sand _____' for its wavy shapes.
12) If the amount of rainfall of a place is less than the amount of water ________, a desert will form.
13) Stony deserts are also called ______in Libya and Egpyt.
14) As there is no ________between the soil particles, so they separate and become sand ar last.
15) The Great Basin is also called the Great ________desert.
Spikes and Leaves
1. The topic we are talking about now
2. The largest and tallest cacti in the world.
3.PLants that have thick stems and leaves which are thick and contain a lot of water.
4.What is one of the problems for desert plants to survive?
5.What do we call holes on the surfaces of the plants for breathing?
6.What is the name of the plant which has very long leaves?
7. In desert plants, most______ are modified as spikes.
8.the name of the cactus which has very very stingy thorns.
To live in the desert(True or False Questions)
1) Most of the Tuaregs of Sahara are Muslims.
) 2) Nomadism is not the suitable kind of lifestyle for people in the desert.
3) The Australian Aborigines don't have any culture at all.
4) The Tuaregs are famous for their bloodthirsty attacks towards foreigners
5) The people of the deserts live in a particular place permanently.
6) The Bushmen who live in the Kalahari are very short in height.
7) The Hopi and the Zuni people live in the Great Basin.
8) The territory of the Zuni had been invaded by the Spanish conquistadores.
9) The Pueblo are well-known for their excellent skills of building houses in the desert.
10)A man can live in the desert for at least three days without any resources.
11)The Aborigines were not clarified as Australians fifty years ago.
12)The Bedouins of Sahara are the same as the Tuaregs, murderous and notorious.
13)The Tuaregs are veiled to keep out of sand and dust of the desert.
14)The Kalahari stay together to share the food and other resources in the winter.
Destination and Climate:
Spikes and Leaves
To live in the desert