On July 1, 1950 Municipal of Cotabato was made first class municipality under Executive Order 466. Nine years later, On June 20, 1959, it was created a charter city by virtue of Republic Act No. 2364. Cotabato City is located on the noorthwest of Maquindanao Province. Approximately, it is 698.9 nuatical miles from, Manila. On the North, the city is bounded by the Municipality of Sulatn Kudarat, with Rio Grande de Mindanao as its boundary; on the east by the Municipality Of Kabuntulan; on the south by the municipality of Dinaig and on the west by Illana Bay. Cotabato City has a total land area 17,599hectares
KUTANG BATO CAVES
Location: At the foot of P.C. hill
The cave is reputed to be seven kilometers long and of formidable, solid rock. The only cave in the country that is right in the heart of the city. Its various entrances all within traffic, a rarity that can only be found in the "Heart of Mindanao."
RIO GRANDE DE MINDANAO
Location: It is along the city wharf about 410 meters from the corner of Sinsuat Ave. and Quezon Ave.
The second largest river in the Philippines and the longest in Mindanao. Estimated to be 182 kilometers long and 96 meters wide.
Locaton: (The city basically spreads around this hill)
A Stonefort towering over the city with a height of 90- feet, now houses the Cotbato City Internal Defense Command.
This is Cotabato City's Famoous landmark, this historic hill served as a watch tower for the natives in their defensive drive to detect and repeal assult by enimies.
HERBAL PROCESSING PLANT
Location: inside the Cotabato Regional Hospital Compound
The first Herbal Processing Plant in the Philippines, inagurated by former Pres. Corazon Aquino in 1988,. It process herbal medicines like lagundini, sambongand tsaang gubat.