1) What does the acronym NACA stand for?
North American Committee for Astronautics
National American Committee for Astronautics
National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics
National American Committee for Aeronautics
2) Why did it take so long for NACA to be formed, even though America clearly needed such an organisation?
There were no adequate facilities to house NACA.
At first there simply wasn't enough money to support an organisation like NACA.
The American citizens didn't think it was worth it to found such an organisation.
3) What was the often used name for NACA's research facility?
4) Who won the Space Race to get the first man into space, and with which spacecraft?
NASA, with their Apollo 11
NASA, with their Freedom 7
Soviet Union, with their Sputnik 1
Soviet Union, with their Soyuz 3
5) What is the correct order of NASA Space Projects?
Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab, Space Shuttles
Gemini, Mercury, Skylab, Apollo, Space Shuttles
Mercury, Apollo, Gemini, Skylab, Space Shuttles
Mercury, Gemini, Skylab, Apollo, Space Shuttles
6) Who was the first American in space, and which craft did he fly?
John Glenn, with his Freedom 7
Alan Shepard, with his Friendship 7
Alan Shepard, with his Freedom 7
Neil Armstrong, with his Apollo 11
7) How many Apollo craft were there?
8) What went wrong with Skylab?
One of the oxygen tanks exploded.
There was a fire on board.
It was damaged during the initial launch.
9) The Apollo-Soyuz mission was a symbolic end to:
The Cold War
The Space Race
10) What changed in crew composition with the Space Shuttle?
Mission Specialists became part of the crew.
Female astronauts were all