"Only those who can remain free who are worthy of it.
Freedom must be constantly deserved."
Born: November 4, 1896
Where: Talibon, Bohol
- Talibon Elementary School
- Cebu High School
- Silliman University - he took up Pre-Law
- Philippine Law School (MALCOM SCHOLAR) - he took up Bachelor of Laws
*He topped the Bar Exams
His Genre of Writing His Poetry:
- Open Windows on the Beauty of Life
1925 - Elected to Congress
- Became the Governor of Bohol for 9 Consecutive terms.
1941 - Crossed Over to Senate
1946-1951 - Minority Floor Leader
1953 - Elected as Vice President of the Philippines
- Appionted as the Secretary of Foreign Affairs
1957 - He took over the Presidential Helm
- Member of Philippine Rehabilitaion and War Damage Commission in Washington
- Delegate to the United Nations Assembly in San francisco
- Delegate to the Inter-Parliamentary Union Conference in Dublin
- Chairman of SEATO Offensive Military Organization for Mutual Protection
He adopted the "FILIPINO FIRST" System - to counter act Filipino Institutions such as:
1961 - He lost re-election to Diosdado Macapagal
- 'Bahala Na' System
- Contented Indolence
- Romantic Escapism
- Gallantry to Foreign Goods
- 'Jack-of -All-Languages yet Master of None"
Emilio Aguinaldo/ Manuel Quezon/ Jose P. Laurel, Sr./ Sergio Osmena, Sr./
Manuel Roxas/ Elpidio Quirino/ Ramon Magsaysay/
Diosdado Macapagal/ Ferdinand Marcos/ Corazon Aquino/
Fidel Ramos/ Joseph Estrada/