For each of the following questions, click on one of the suggested answers.
During which period did the Chinese people start to use bronze tools for
A. The Shang Dynasty B.The Zhou Dynasty C.The Han Dynasty
2. Which of the following tools was NOT used for obtaining water from wells?
A. jie gao B. luk lou C. lei si
3. Who invented the lou che?
A. Chiu Guo B.Wu
Di C. Bi Sheng
1. When was the Halley's Comet first observed?
A. 240 B.C. B. 340 B.C. C. 240 A.D.
2. What kind of heavenly bodies did the Chinese pay most attention to?
A. Planets B. Supernovae C. The Moon
3. Who invented the first armillary sphere?
A. Keng Shou-ch'ang B. Chang Heng C. Shen-kuo
1. During which period was the Hou-Feng-Di-Dong-Yi invented?
A. The Period of the Warring
States B. The Eastern Han
C. The Tang Dynasty
2. What was the Hou-Feng-Di-Dong-Yi made of?
A. Copper B. Wood C. Iron
3. During which period was the compass first made?
A. The Period of the Warring States
B. The Shang Dynasty
C. The Xia Dynasty
to records made, in which period was the gunpowder
A. The Tang Dynasty B. The Han Dynasty C. The Ming Dynasty
2. Who imported the gunpowder to the West?
A. The Mongols B. The Chinese C. The Arabians
3. Which of the following are the major components of gunpowder?
A. Gold, silver and sand
B. Charcoal, sulfur and silicon
C. Charcoal, sulfur and saltpeter
1. When was paper first invented?
A. Ancient Times B. The Zhou Dynasty C. The Han Dynasty
2. During which period did Cai Lun improve the paper-making techniques?
A. The Zhou Dynasty B. The
Western Han Dynasty
C. The Eastern Han Dynasty
1. During the Tang Dynasty, which kind of printing method was invented?
A. Movable-type printing B. Woodblock
C. The Tang Printing Method
2. What was the occupation of Bi Sheng?
A. An engraver B. A factory worker C. A government officer
3. Which dynasty was the golden period of printing in ancient China?
A. The Tang Dynasty B. The Song Dynasty C. The Ming Dynasty