Welcome to the Essence of Time Educational Articles section! Browse our articles below to learn to have fun with time, and more importantly learn about the continuum of time. If you are an educational facilitator or teacher, below is a preformed lesson plan on how to teach about time and the history of time keeping.
- An Overview of Time explains what time is, and other general information about time. This is the perfect starting place if you are new to this website.
- The Naming of The Days of the Week explains how the names of the days of the week were chosen. This section also contains exciting and informative myths and legends that led to the names we now know as the names of the week.
- The Naming of The Months of the Year explains how the names of the months of the year were chosen. This section goes beyond January and December, unlocking a world many never new existed.
- A Biography of Einstein explains Einstein the way only a true scholar could. This section adds new meaning most only know as a name of a great one.
- The Timeline of Time is a compilation of eight lesser known events in the "timeline of time". Perfect for livening up any boring report, this section is a must read.
- The Evolution of Time briefly details how time and it's measurement has evolved over the last hundreds of thousands of years.
- The Evolution of Time Keeping explains the evolution of timekeeping with detail. Also learn about the basic parts of a clock, the water clocks, and finally the tower of winds in this article.
- The Clocks section explains how clocks over time have worked. Learn about mechanical, spring, and quartz clocks easily and quickly.
- The NIST section describes the operation and physics of atomic clocks at the NIST. Also you can access information provided by the NIST including the actual time at any given moment.