Helping yourself remain as well as possible with CHF
Table of Contents
You have been diagnosed with CHF (Congestive Heart Failure).
Understanding CHF and what you can do to help yourself remain more
active and with less problems as long as possible is our common
goal. The things YOU can do to help keep yourself 'weller' longer
- What is CHF?
- Weigh Daily
- Understanding Your
- Fluid Management
- Other Things You Can Do To Improve Your
- The Future
Being aware of what is 'normal' for you in terms of your weight,
Blood Pressure, heart rate, etc. is important.
- Learn to recognize signs your heart failure is getting
- Weigh yourself every day and write it down
- Take your medicines as instructed and understand
- Allow rest periods between activities for your
- Reduce how much Salt or Sodium you eat
- Avoid drinking too much fluid - if your doctor says to do
- We will discuss each of the topics listed above to help you
understand and give you the power to take care of yourself