The following print and internet resources were used in researching
- Boynick, Matt. The Classical Music Pages. http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/classmus.html
- Classical Insites. http://www.classicalinsites.com
- Ford, Glen C. Mozart Among Us. http://www.io.com/~glenford/MAU.html
- FutureNet : Classic CD magazine. http://www.futurenet.co.uk/mags/classiccd/classiccd.html
- The Funk and Wagnalls Online Multimedia Encyclopedia.
- Griffiths, Paul. The String Quartet. New York: Thames
and Hudson, Inc., 1983.
- Grout, Donald J. A History of Western Music. New York:
W.W.Norton & Co., Inc., 1973.
- Gusset, David. David Gusset - Violin Maker. http://www.gussetviolins.com
- Jackson, Roland, et al. Performance Practice. http://www.performancepractice.com
- King, Alec H. "Chamber Music: Strings Alone" The Mozart
Compendium. Ed. H.C. Robbins Landon. Ann Arbor: Borders Press,
- Lampston, Dave. Classical Net. http://www.classical.net
- Longyear, R.M. "Chamber music" The World Book
Encyclopedia. Chicago: World Book, Inc., 1991, p.371
- Marston, Nicholas. "Chamber Music for Strings Alone" The
Beethoven Compendium. Ed. Barry Cooper. Ann Arbor: Borders
Press, 1991, pp.232-237
- Merryman, Marjorie. The Music Theory Handbook. Fort
Worth: Harcourt Brace College Publishers, 1997.
- Reel, James. The Timid Soul's Guide to Classical Music.
- Sherrane, Robert. Music History 102. http://www.ipl.org/exhibit/mushist/
All photographs and scans are © 1999 The Music Chamber,
and/or are in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you see
a graphic which you do not believe to be in the public domain,
please alert the staff.
Paintings in the Historical Periods section were taken with
All RealAudio clips were performed by the Music Chamber players and are
© 1999 The Music Chamber. All MIDI clips, unless otherwise
credited, were sequenced by ThinkQuest Team
27110 and are also © 1999 The Music Chamber.
All MIDIs were sequenced by members of ThinkQuest Team 27110, unless noted below:
Hall at "Advanced Webpage
The user submission script for the repertoire section is a
heavily edited version of the Form Processor script from www.FreeScripts.com.
The Online Polls are rewritten
versions of the Free Survey Script from www.BigNoseBird.com.
The feedback form is a
slightly modified version of Matt Wright's FormMail from Matt's
The search engine for the search
page is slightly modified from the one provided by the helpful
folks over at ThinkQuest
We are running meep!Board 1.0 for our message board, which was
provided for free educational use by the kind people of meep! media, inc.