What do you want to know about bleaching?
Time for fun?
|Would you like to
take a quiz to test whether you understand what is presented to you.
To take this quiz, just read the statement and determine whether they are false or not.
1. Bleaching is an oxidation reaction.
2. The colour that we see in a glass of "carrot--tomato" juice is the result of b-carotene and lycopene.
3. In teeth bleaching, the trays are to prevent the solution from concentrating on our gums, so as to prevent the teeth from decaying.
4. Hydroquinone can cause spots of depigmentation even in unapplied places.
5. Whites that are greener in cast are perceived to be "purer".
6. Bleached hair without treatment has a smaller tensile strength.
7. The scalp produce oil on the hair speeds up the bleaching process of the hair.
8. By products which are harmful to our health are produced through the use of ozone in paper bleaching.
9. Coral bleaching is a serious environmental problem today.
10. KOH (a base) can neutralize NaClO.
11. Stains on clothes mainly contain C=O and C=C.
12. To remove some iodine stains on fabric, household bleach containing NaClO can be used.
Webpage by Team 27034
Last modified: 4/7/99