1. Program day of a canon
The cannoniale life is a particular manner to live because all the canons are priests and they have activities which influence the one day program. Thus, the prayers are made at times when the majority of the community perhaps present.
6:30 - Office of the morning
6:00 - 7:30 - free Breakfast
8:00 - 11:50 - Work (school, service parochial, tasks abbatialles, etc...)
12:00 - Lunch. Community coffee and recreation. Then, resumption of work.
18:00 - Celebration of Eucaristie with song of vespers.
19:00 - Meal and Community recreation.
20:15 - 20:30 - Prayer of Complies
Silence of the night
2. How does one become canon?
1. the Postulate: the future canon comes to the abbey to discover how the Community life occurs. This time of postulate lasts from 3 to 12 months, during which the applicant becomes acquainted with the community. It is very free in its activities.
2. The noviciate: At the end of the postulate, the candidate can ask to be admi with the noviciate, one period 12 months o?u it will remain with the abbey, receiving a formation which prepares it with becoming one member day of the community. The beginner remains free to leave the communauté if there it desire and this one remains free to return it, if it sees that he cannot adapt to the conventuelle life.
3. Simple wishes: At the end of this period of the noviciate, the beginner can ask to become member community and to make the 3 religious wishes of poverty, chastity and obedience. These wishes are expressed for one 3 years period. At the end of this period, the monk can reiterate his wishes either for a new limited period, or for all his life (it can repeat that up to 9 years).
4. After a 3 years minimum of temporary wishes, the monk can make his wishes solanelles. By pronouncing them, there is committed remaining faithful to its profession for all its life. It becomes choîne then regular and receives as a sign of this engagement the red camaille which it carries for the prayer in the church.
5. During these years of profession, the monk makes studies of theology, at the end desquls it will be ordered to dinere then priest. Parallel to its studies, it can be called by its superiors to follow a further training in forecast of a field of particular work (teaching, catechesis, service parochial, various activities in the convent, etc...)
3. How are the goods of the convent managed?
The fruit of the work of the fellow-members east put in a common case and a chanoine called prosecutor is indicated to manage the whole of the material goods of the convent.
|[The Basilica] [The History] [The Community] [Informations] [Back]|