- A single god Ahura Mazda (Ohrmazd), which means "wise lord". who is supreme. Communication between Himself and humans is by a number of Attributes.
- One school of thought promotes cosmic dualism between
- An all powerful God Ahura Mazda who is the only deity worth of being worshiped, and
- The Evil Spirit Angra Mainyu, who opposes Ahura Mazda.
- Asha is a form of righteous, all encompassing, natural law.
- Legends, which are probably not those of Zarathushtras original teachings
- After death, the urvan (soul) is allowed three days to meditate on his/her past life. The person's soul is then judged, and if the good deeds, thoughts, etc. outweight the bad, then the soul is taken to "Heaven." Otherwise the bad soul would go to hell.
- The Universe will go throught these different eras:
- creation (the world was created as the battleground between good and evil)
- the present world where good and evil are mixed, people's good works are seen as gradually transforming the world towards its heveanly ideal.
- A final state when evil is destroyed and all live in peace with Ahura Mazda.
- A savoir, born of a , destroys all evil. The dead will be raised and eveyone will be judged again.
- Worship includes prayers and symbolic ceremonies
- The rituals are conducted before a sacred fire, which symbolizes their God
- Zoroastrians generally do not except converts, one has to be born into the religion. This belief is disputed by some members
- Members are dedicated to a three-fold path, as shown in their motto: "Good thoughts, good works, good deeds"