What is Religious Intolerance?
- Intolerance is recognized as the unwilliness to tolerate, or bear with, a person's beliefs or opinions.
- The definition of Religious Intolerance is the unwilling to recognize a person's religious beliefs, opinions, and practices.
Types of Relgious Intolerance
- Inter-faith Intolerance
- Intra-faith Intolerance
- Intolerance from a faith group against a secular group
- Intolerance of a secular group against a religious group
The following actions are considered to be exhibiting religious intolerance:
- The spreading of misinformation about a groups beliefs and practices.
- The spreading of hatred about members of a group
- Ridiculing an entire faith group fo their beliefs and practices
- Attempting to force religious beliefs and practices on others against their will
- Restricting human rights of members of a faith group
- Devaluting other faiths as evil, etc.