The some of the following questions are a summary from a long test in the "fun zone's puzzles" page,
please pay respect to those teachers who help making those questions.
1. The speed of sound is 740 miles per hour approximately. If
a car is approaching you in 30 miles per hour, then at what speed is
the sound from the radio of the car coming to you?
2. Down in a deep coal mine, a mile or so below the surface of the earth,
is there more gravity or less gravity than there is at the entrance to
the mine up at ground level?
3. If you take your mechanical watch to the mountains, will it run faster
or more slowly than usual?
4. A man holds a rifle horizontally 6 feet above the ground. At the
moment he fires it, another bullet is dropped from the same height, 6
feet. Ignoring frictional effects and the curvature of the earth, which
bullet hits the ground first?
5. Even if you stand perfectly still on an accurate scale, the reading
keeps oscillating around your average weight. Why?
6. If you are from the 2009, how can you make a underwater base that does
not sink nor float.
7. A ball, a disc and a ring, each 5 inches in diameter, sit at the top of
an inclined plane. If all three objects start rolling down the incline
at the same instant, which one will reach the bottom first? (Assume
that they all roll efficiently that is, they are perfectly formed and
don't wobble--and ignore ant effect of air resistance and friction.)
8. Two towers that king author wants to build is exactly same in
porportions but one is 2 times bigger than the other one in terms of
each dimensions. Which one is stronger or are they the same?
9. Normally the colder an object gets, the smaller it is. But why does
the water expand when it becomes ice?
10. What is your WEIGHT in outer space?
11. Since the ocean is attracted by the moon, are you?