Guide to Using the Grape Boycott Simulation
- To start the simulation, press the Button at the bottom of the applet.
- To add new agents in the simulation, from the Gallery select the agent you wish
to add, select the "Pencil Tool" and then place the agent wherever you want
in the Worksheet.
- To erase an agent, select the "Eraser Tool" and then click on the agent you
want to have erased (due to a bug, erasing sometimes does not take effect until you
stop the simulation or you may need to wait a few seconds for erasing to take place).
- To stop the simulation, press the Button
Things to try out with the simulation:
- Run the worksheets we created for you and see what happens.
- Take the Cesar Chavez agent out of the simulation. What do you observe?
- Take Cesar's representatives out of the simulations and see what happens.
- Build your own worlds with different configurations of workers, the town etc.
(Note from the AgentSheets developers: Due to different implementations
of Java on the various platforms and browsers, there is no guarantee that the applet
will run on all combinations of the above. On Macintosh machines, we recommend that
you run the Java applet using Internet Explorer 4.0 and above or Netscape with the
MRJ plug-in. On Windows machines, we recommend that you run it using Internet Explorer
4.0 and above or Netscape 4.5.)
introduction | history | simulation | agent
descriptions | UFW news | thinkquest