In your groups, solve these cases! Use your knowledge and other resources such as web sites and books. When you find the answer, write it in the blanks. If your word doesn't fit the blanks, it's probably wrong. But keep on trying! When you finish, unscramble all the boxed letters to make a word! If it makes sense, you did everything right! Good luck!
1) "Help me! I am a sponge, and I know that I can't move. Some of my friends can move, but they can only go four millimeters a day! I am going much faster than that. What is moving me? (Hint: This is two words)
2) You shrink down to the size of a grainof sand, and you're inside a sponge. It has sucked you in with a gulp of water. You don't see an osculum so where else can you get out?
3) How can you use the skeleton of a sponge?
4) In what state is Dog Island? Describe why the island is special.
5) Why do we know about the ancestors of sponges? What do spicules become when the sponge dies? (Hint: These are both the same answers, and the dinosaurs also left these things.)
What is the Mystery Word?