The Whispering Queen
The whispering queen is a very easy trick learn and also to master. It is also a very neat and trick that will have your audience gaping in awe.
Materials: A deck of cards
1. Ask for an assistant from the audience. This person can be anyone you want and is not a trick assistant.
2. Tell that person to name any queen in the deck. This is the one that you will find and take out.
3. Now here comes the "magical" part: while looking for the queen, memorize the top card of the deck. After you have memorized the card find the queen. Say something like, "I have found you're queen and now we will start the trick." Leave the queen aside. You will use it at the end of the trick.
4. Split the deck into three, basically even piles. Make the top card that you saw, the top card of the middle pile. While doing this, say, "I am now making the deck into three, generally even piles."
5. Now ask the assistant to pick any pile. In the end make sure that the one with the seen card on top remains at the end.
First example: The assistant picks one that doesn't have the card on top. Say, "I will now eliminate this pile." Put that pile aside. Then ask him to chose another pile. If he picks the other pile without the card, do the same thing. If he picks the pile with the card on top, say, "You have chosen this one, so I will eliminate the other one." Then put that one aside
Second example:If the assistant chooses the pile with the card on top from the beginning, say, "You have chosen this one, so I will eliminate the other two." Put both of the piles aside.
6. Say, "Look at the top card of the pile that you have chosen. When you have memorized the card, put it anywhere in the pile." Next put one of the piles on top of the "chosen" pile and the other on the bottom. You are putting the "chosen" pile in between the two pile. Then say, "Take the deck and shuffle and cut the cards in the deck." Here is where you will use the queen.
7. Take the queen and slide it through the deck many times. After a few times say that she has found the card. Put the card up to your ear and say what it is in steps.
Example: If the card is the two of clubs then say,"The queen says that it is a black card." Pause. Say,"She says that it is a club." Pause again. Say,"she says that it is the two of clubs."
Now, the audience will stare in awe at you. The trick is complete and will fool all of the viewers.
Congratulations for completing the trick.
History of Magic |
Famous Magicians | Tricks
You Can Do
Take our Quiz | Credits | Home