||Various Dim Sum Delights |
Dim Sum: Grutinous Rice Balls with Shredded Coconut
- Glutinous rice flour--240g
- Tang flour (wheat starch)--60g
- Shredded coconut--120g
- Cake flour as base
- 3/4 cup water
- Boiling water--60g
- A few red cherries
- Sieve the glutinous rice flour the table, make a depression in the center, pour water in little by little and knead them into soft dough.
- Sieve Tang flour (wheat starch) into a pan, pour boiling water in and stir them well quickly with a rod.
- Add the glutinous rice dough into the (2), knead them together thoroughly and dump lard and sugar in to knead well again.
- Apply oil to the steamer, put 2/3 of mixed dough in, steam it over high heat for 15 minutes, take it out, mix it with the remaining one third of dough and knead them well.
- Fry peanuts, skin them, grind them and mix them well with sugar.
- Divide the mixed dough into 32 to 40 equal portions. With cake flour as the base, knead each portion by hand into the shape of a nest, put the stuffing in, seal it and knead it into the shape of a small bun.
Steam the small Grutinous rice balls in the streamer for 3 minutes, take them out, roll them in shredded coconut to coat them and put a red cherry piece on each for garnishing.
* Tang flour is a kind of wheat flour suitable for making outer layer of dumplings and bun and others. Also called wheat starch. You can find it in any Chinese supermarket.