Flash 3 Tutorials - Motion Guide - How to make an object follow a certain path.
By Gavin Lee
[.FLA File] - [.SWF File] - [Questions]
Step 1. - Creating the Symbol
Step 2. - Create the Frames and Motion Guide
- Press F8, choose Graphic, and then select OK.
- Now that you are in symbol editor, create your symbol(circle).
Click the Pencil Tool, in Pencil Mode, select Circle, and draw your circle and fill.
- Now that you have your symbol, press Ctrl + E to return to movie editor.
Step 3. - Adding Motion Tween
- Press Ctrl + L to bring up the Library and drag your symbol to the 1st keyframe.
- Click on the 10th frame and press F6 to make a new keyframe.
- Now click on Modify Layers, and choose Add Motion Guide.
- Simply take the Pencil tool and draw the path you want your symbol to take.
- Now you must go back to your first layer and connect the symbol to the motion guide.
- Use the Select tool and make sure Snap is enabled.
- Click on the symbol in the first keyframe by the crosshair and drag to the beginning of the motion guide that you created(you will see a little circle when you click on the crosshair, the circle will bold when the symbol is connected).
- Now repeat steps 5a. and 5b. on the 10th keyframe, except connect to then end of the motion guide.
- Now that your symbol is connected to the motion guide, click on Modify Layers of the motion guide layer and choose hidden, this way you won't see the path the symbol follows.
Step 4. - Play your Movie
- On the timeline, double-click the first keyframe.
- In the Frame Properties dialogue box, select Tweening tab.
- Under Tweening, choose Motion Tween and select OK.
Congratulations, you've just created a motion guide!
- Press ENTER to play the movie.