Flash 3 Tutorials - Alpha Effect- How to make an object fade.
By Gavin Lee
[.FLA (Source) File] - [.SWF (Playable) File] - [Questions]
Step 1. - Creating the Symbol
Step 2. - Create the Fade
- Press F8, choose Graphic, and then select OK.
- Now that you are in symbol editor, create your symbol(the letter 'X').
- Click the Text tool, then choose a font and a small font size, now type the letter X.
- Now that you have your symbol, press Ctrl + E to return to movie editor.
Step 3. - Adding Motion Tween
- Press Ctrl + L to bring up the Library and drag your symbol to the movie editor.
- Click on the 10th frame and press F6 to make a new keyframe.
- Using the Select tool, double-click the letter 'X' to bring up Instance Properties.
- In the Instance Properties dialogue box, select Color Effect.
- Under Color Effect, select Alpha and then move the dial to 0%.
- On the timeline, double-click the first keyframe.
- In the Frame Properties dialogue box, select Tweening tab.
- Under Tweening, choose Motion Tween and select OK.
Step 4. - Play your Movie
- Press ENTER to play the movie. Congratulations, you've just created an alpha effect!