- Avoid Aerosols – In some parts of the world, aerosols are still used in spray cans. These cans contain CFCs, which are deadly for the ozone layer.
- Check Your Car's Air Conditioner
– If you can avoid buying an air conditioning system with your car, that's great. Otherwise, make sure that you keep your system checked so that coolant doesn't leak.
- Don't Buy Polystyrene – Polystyrene foam products have very destructive CFCs in them. Avoid purchasing these so that plastic makers will no longer produce them.
- Insulate Your Home Properly
– When buying insulation materials for your home, be sure to purchase an insulator that does not use CFCs.
- Write to the Government – Tell your community officials and local government that CFCs are a major concern and that when refrigerators are disposed of, CFCs must not be let into the atmosphere.
This project was created by Caroline, David, Michael, Mindy, Neil, and Vikas for the ThinkQuest Internet contest in 1999. Please read our copyright information or contact us (link disabled) if you have questions about this site.