- Buy Fuel-Efficient Cars – Burning gas is one of the leading causes of global warming. By having a more efficient car, you will release less CO2 into the atmosphere.
– These days, many people are going to school, work, or other places by themselves. By carpooling, you can save money and avoid unnecessarily polluting the atmosphere.
- Contact Your Government – Write to your local government officials and tell them that you are concerned about global warming. Find out what you can do to help and what your government is already doing.
- Insulate Your Home
– By trapping heat in your home, you won't have to use heating as much. This can not only help the environment, but it will save your family large amounts of money as well.
- Plant a Tree – Remember, trees absorb CO2, so by planting more trees in your community you can reduce the amount of harmful gas in the atmosphere.
- Take Public Transportation
– Many cities have buses, subways, or other forms of public transportation. Using these systems helps to keep fewer vehicles running and polluting, which contributes to global warming.
- Use Natural Gas – Rather than using oil furnaces, natural gas will produce less CO2.
This project was created by Caroline, David, Michael, Mindy, Neil, and Vikas for the ThinkQuest Internet contest in 1999. Please read our
copyright information or contact us (link disabled) if you have questions about this site.