Throughout this site, a standard template is used to make navigation easier. This page describes the navigation system so that you can use all of the features of the site more efficiently.
At the top of each page
is the title banner for this site. It reads, The Environment: A Global Challenge.
Underneath the title banner is a horizontal row of site navigation buttons.
- The first button titled Home takes you to the home page.
- The second button titled Search will take you to a page that allows you to search the site
with certain options available.
- The third button titled Menu takes you to a map of this site that makes it possible to quickly locate pages.
- The fourth button titled Links will take you to a list of other web sites related to the environment.
- The fifth button titled Email Us allows you to email the team that created this site.
- The sixth button takes you to this page for assistance.
The seventh button will return you to the main page for the section. For example, if you were reading about Cost-Benefit Analysis in the Economics section, this button would take you back to the section page for the economics section.
Directly below the horizontal navigation bar is a title banner that contains the name of the current page.
The black column that appears to the left of the text for each page contains
navigation buttons for each of the twenty sections in this site. By passing your mouse button over each button, you can read a description of the section. The button that is highlighted (its text name is a lighter color) shows the section you are currently in. In the middle of the vertical navigation bar is a box that allows you to search this site. Just enter text and hit the search button
To the right of the navigation bar is the content of the page. This will include text, images, links, and multimedia.
At the very bottom of each page is a horizontal divider line followed by some information about this site. There is also a link to