Wallace and Florence Nictune talk with William Schneider and David Krupa about...
1) ...Florence's background and growing up on the Koyukuk River father--from Kobuk but moved to Alatna\ Hunts Fork\ John River\ Tobuk, Dora--mother\ White, Dora--maiden name\ Kobuk--traveling to Alatna\ Alatna--growing up\ Evansville--moved to in 1956 to school children\ children--eight, all moved away|
2) ...Wallace's background and growing up Alatna\ father--worked on boats\ fishing\ caribou hunting\ Kanuti flats\ moose--none on Koyukuk in old days\ father--Dora's\ Tobuk, Frank--boat pilot\ Wallace--first hunt\ Alatna--trip up\ lining boats--traveling up river with dogs|
3) ...Wallace's seasonal round in the old days summer--fish camp\ school--September\ freeze-up--fish nets under ice\ whitefish\ winter--hunting, trapping, cutting wood\ fishing--sheefish, whitefish, salmon, grayling, pike, suckers, lush\ fall hunt--bear, rabbits, spruce hens\ moose--first appearance in Alatna\ spring--muskrats, beaver\ Old Sam\ Hog River--Hogatza River|
4) ...social life in the old days Messenger feast\ Allakaket\ holidays\ Smith, Mary and Frank--fiddle player\ Kobuk\ Sheldon, Henry\ hard times--not much time for school\ Evansville--April, 1956\ Federal Aviation Administration--job\ early residents\ Anderson, Hanna and Jim\ Musser, Rhoda and John\ Old Bettles--store\ Suckik, Charlie\ Napoleon, Grandma\ Withrow, Al and Bessie\ Crowder, Jim|
5) ...about changing times government agencies\ work opportunities\ National Park Service--conflicts\ Bureau of Land Management--job|