- Preparations of Platycodon showed a beneficial effect on cholesterol metabolism in rats,
with a reduction in the cholesterol content of the liver.
- Platycodon has an inhibitory effect in vitro against many common dermatomycoses.
- Platycodon is not suitable for injection because of its hemolytic effect. This effect is
neutralized by its passage through the digestive tract, and no hemolysis has been noted
with oral administration.
Cautions & Contraindications:
- Contraindicated for hemoptysis
- According to some traditional sources, this herb counteracts Radix Gentianae Longdancao
and Arillus Euphoriae Longanae.
Part used as medicine (Fresh rhizome)