You can find many different kinds of animals, especially in the primeval
virgin forests in the east. There live about 470 kinds of birds and 190 kinds
of mammals. Many of them are becoming extinct. Among the others because they
provide products which would be medicinal. For instance musk's, bears bile and
hairy antlers. In the salt lakes and marshes live fishes which don't have
scales. Below is a short list with animals which you can find in Tibet.
· Leopards, like the rare snow leopard
· Bears, like the collar bear, the little panda and the black bear
· Apes like orang-utans
· Wild oxes and horses
· Deers, like the muntjak and other roes
· Jufferkrane, which are becoming extinct because their eggs are considered as a delicacy.
· Himalayan guinea-pigs
· Tibetan gazelle
· The hummingbirdsort Suïmanga
The best-known Tibetan animal is the yak, this is a cattle breed. He's covered with a fog, long and mostly black fleece. The yak has long horns. Yak is a class-name. The bulls are called Dong and the cows are called Dis. When a Dong is interbreeded with a short haired breed, or the reverse, you get a male breed called Zo and females called Zomo. The yak is used as a beast of burden and they produce meat and milk.