1. adapted from "The Stress Solution" by , Lyle and Smith, Alma, "Psychology at Work: How Does Stress Affect Us?" http://helping.apa.org/work/stress2.html
2. adapted from "The Stress Solution" by , Lyle and Smith, Alma, "Psychology at Work: Six Myths About Stress" http://helping.apa.org/work/stress3.html
3. (multiple authors) The American Institute of Stress. http://www.stress.org
4. (multiple authors) Stress UK: "For all those interested in personal & occupational stress management" http://www.stress.org.uk
5. (no author) "Stress" http://www.webpak.net/~cjlovell/neways/stress2.htm
6. Perloe, Mark, "Stress Management" http://www.ivf.com/stress.html
7. Tucker-Ladd, Clay, "Psychological Self-Help" http://mhnet.org/psyhelp/chap5/chap5j.htm
8. University of Toronto, "Getting There" http://4a2z.com/cgi/rfr.cgi?4STRESS-2-http://www.campuslife.utoronto.ca/handbook/06005-Stress.html
Wooten, Patty, "Humor: an Antidote for Stress" http://www.mother.com/JestHome/ANTI-STRESS.HTML
A different perspective on stress:
10. Doublet, Serge, "No Stress Page" http://members.tripod.com/sdoublet/index.htm
For more stress links:
11. (no author given) "Stress" http://members.tripod.com/wildkat99/ShakeyNet/stress.html
1. Baron, R., Byrne, D. (1984). Social Psychology (Fourth Edition). Massachusetts: Allyn and Bacon Inc.
2. Burns, R. (1988). Coping with Stress. Pinelands, South Africa: Maskew Longman (Pty)Ltd.
3. Coleman, J., Butcher, J., Carson, R. (1984). Abnormal Psychology and Modern Life. London, Scott, Foresman and Company
4. Jensen, E., (1994). The Learning Brain. . North Riding, South Africa: Lead the Field Africa (Pty)Ltd.
5. Jensen, E. (1995). Brain-Based Learning and Teaching. North Riding, South Africa: Lead the Field Africa.
6. Jensen, E. (1998). Teaching with the Brain in Mind Alexandria, Virginia: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD).
7. Gerdes, L. (1981). The Developing Adult. Pretoria, South Africa: Butterworths.
8. Skolnick, A. (1986). The Psychology of Human Development. Florida: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publishers.
9. Schultz, W. (1975). Elements of Encounter. New York: Bantam Books.
10. Wooten, P. (1996). Compassionate Laughter. Salt Lake City: Commune-A-Key Publishing.
1. Leutwyler K. (1998)." Don't Stress", Scientific American, January 1998, pp 28-30, Scientific American, New York
2. Schomer, H (1985). "Physical Exercise: Antidote for Modern Stress," Physical Campus Sport, University of Cape Town Magazine.
3. Lecture Notes (1986). Health Psychology Course, University of Cape Town.
1. SurveySays from http://scripts.riffnet.com/. Copyright 1998 by Matt Riffle All Rights Reserved. This script is free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
1. frustmanatcomputer.gif at /25500/stress/response.htm from http://www.camelotdesign.com/mis11.htm . Permission given on web site.
2. headache_md_clr.gif at /25500/stress/characteristics.htm from http://www.animfactory.com/factory/creatures/stressed.htm . Permission given on web site.
3. mouseafraid.gif at /25500/stress/physicalresp.htm from http://animatedgifs.simplenet.com/ . Permission given on web site.
4. oops.gif at /25500/stress/whatis.shtml from http://artie.com/arg-oops.htm . Permission given on web site.
5. smilesquished.gif at /25500/stress/psychologicalresp.htm fromhttp://animatedgifs.simplenet.com/ . Permission given on web site.
6. turteyelling.gif at /25500/stress/factors.htm from http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/1568/Animals.html . Permission given on web site.
Photographs taken by Jason and Elizabeth . Animated diagrams by Jason. All "models" gave verbal consent to allow their photographs to be used in this project. A special thank you goes to Bob Bjorkquist of Mt. Carmel High School letting us borrow the school's digital camera during the summer. A second thank you goes to Advanced Network & Services for providing MCHS with the money to purchase this camera through Jason's ThinkQuest '98 winnings.
photographs, diagrams, sketches and text are created and
copyrighted by ThinkQuest Team 25500 unless otherwise stated.
Permission must be obtained from us before
using any of our materials from this web site in any other web