THE HEALTH COLUMN|
BY DR. MORRISON
Dr. Neil Morrison is a doctor from Virginia who has been helping patients for over ten years since he graduated from Medical College of Virginia. He now owns his own practice and has volunteered to write this biweekly column to discuss current health.
Dr. Morrison chooses questions posted at the Health Forum to answer in his biweekly column. Some other physicians have helped in answering these questions and are noted within each issue. If you would like to ask Dr. Morrison a question, post it at the Health Forum and he may choose it for his next article.
- Understanding Sunburn and Suntan
- Abstract: A mother worries about her son's safety after severe sunburn. This is what you need to know before heading onto the beach. Do suntan lotions still allow tanning?
- Hole in Ear Drum
- Abstract: A deep sea diver is diagnosed with a tiny hole in the ear drum. He lives in China and wants to know how to get the best treatment.
- Sensitive Teeth
- Abstract: A woman finds the enamel on the lower portion of her front teeth is becoming thinner and more sensitive.
- Skin Infections and Stretch Marks
- Abstract: A user of cocoa butter lotion is diagnosed with folliculitis (skin infection) and wants to know more about this surprisingly common condition and its relation to her stretch marks.
Special thanks to Dr. Arnold Oppenheim for his help in answering this question.