Shakespeare's most popular play, in Elizabethan times and today, is:
A. The Merchant of Venice B. Titus Andronicus C. Romeo and Juliet D. Hamlet
2. The Globe Theater burned to the ground in a fire caused by a special effect in which play?
A. Richard II B. The Tempest C. A Midsummer Night's Dream D. Henry VIII
3. The constable who constantly abuses the English language in Much Ado About Nothing is :
A. Bottom B. Dogberry C. Verges D. Blackfriar
4. Lion King's plot bears a cerain resemblance to that of :
A. Twelfth Night B. Julius Caesar C. As You Like It D. Hamlet
5. Kiss Me Kate is a movie based on which Shakespeare work?
A. The Taming of the Shrew B. The Tempest C. Much Ado About Nothing D. The Winter's Tale
6. Lady Macbeth's exclamation "Out, damned spot!" refers to :
A. Laundry problems B. A blemish on her face C. Blood on her hands D. A friend whose nickname was "Spot"
7. A popular sport in Elizabethan times was :
A. Cricket B. Volleyball C. Water-skiing D. Bear-baiting
8. The mythological figure on the banner of the Globe Theater was :
A. Atlas B. Zeus C. Apollo D. Hercules
9. The play put on by Bottom's group in A Midsummer Night's Dream is:
A. The Knight's Tale B. Pyramus and Thisby C. Philemon and Baucis D. Glaucis and Scylla
10. In Much Ado About Nothing, Leonato's daughter's name is:
A. Heroine B. Beatrice C. Margaret D. Hero
11. Hamlet inspired the modern existentialist play:
A. Waiting for Godot B. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof C. Death of a Salesman D. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
12. West Side Story is a musical based on:
A. Hamlet B. Romeo and Juliet C. Othello D. King Lear
13. In Much Ado About Nothing, Don Pedro's brother is:
A. Don Juan B. Don Quixote C. Don John D. Don Giovanni
14. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, Puck gives Bottom:
A. A bag of gold B. Rabbit ears C. An 's head D. Fairy wings
15. Which character is "too full o' the milk of human kindness"?
A. Benvolio B. Hamlet C. Benedick D. Macbeth