|the Future of the Internet?||
|the Future of Education?|
Active Worlds Edu
The Palace Edu
|Installing the AW Browser
This page gives you step-by-step information on how to install the Active Worlds Browser on a Windows 95 (and 98, NT) computer.
1) Download the Active Worlds Browser by selecting 'Download Active Worlds Browser' from the links menu on the right of the page.
2) Go to the directory you downloaded the Active Worlds Browser in and double click on (single click if you use Win 98 with Webstyle Navigation enabled) 'awb'.
3) The setup program is now starting up. When it's finished loading you should see a window that welcomes you.Click 'Next' to continue.
4) Now a License Agreement will show up. If you agree, click 'Next' to continue with the installation.
5) The setup program will now ask you where you want to install the program. By default this is C:\Active Worlds . If you want to change it click on 'Browse' and select the directory you want Active Worlds to be installed into.. When you have set it into the directory you like click on 'Next' to continue.
6) The setup program will now install the Active Worlds Browser on your system.
7) When the program is installed you can exit the setup program by clicking on 'Exit' or start Active Worlds by clicking on 'Start'.
To learn how to use the Browser go to the 'Using the Browser' section.