- an adjective describing sand or clay deposited by flowing water.
- a learned system of human behavior.
- of or pertaining to Greek culture, art, or history, after the birth of Alexander the Great.
- the art of representation through the use of pictures or images.
- born or growing naturally in a region, native.
- the group of gods of a people.
- a monumental gateway flanked by two blunted pyramidal forms.
- salvage archaeology
- excavations conducted to save cultural remains from an area that is to be developed or destroyed.
- pillar bearing an inscription, design, or scene.
- the surface features of an area, such as hills and rivers.
- tumulus burial
- a grave covered by a domed earthen mound.
- the bed of a watercourse that is dry except during a rainy season.