The Markusovce manor house is a typical example of the east Slovakia manor houses.
It ranks among the most valuable buildings of a historical complex preserved in this locality. The
construction work commenced on the initiative of Frantisek Mariassy, and it was completed in 1643.
Originally it was a one-storey building with circular towers on the corners and an attic. The manor
house was designed as a fortified living complex. In 1745 extensive and spatious mews were built with
servant quarters on both sides of the main building. The construction activity on the manor itself
proper started in 1773 and it was carried out mainly on the outer walls in order to change the
fort-like appearance of the building in favour of the architectonically loose Rococo building. A garden
pavilion was set up in the centre fine of the manor house in 1778. It was to compensate for the lack of
exquisite rooms in the, main building, namely the dancing hall. The unfinished pavilion was completed
during the current reconstruction in 1970's. The paintings have also been restored.
Expositions of museum