II. Applied Mathematics
1. Of great theoretical importance: Interesting to the author.
2. Typical results are shown: The best results are shown.
3. The agreement with the predicted curve is
Excellent : fair
Good : poor
Satisfactory : doubtful
Fair : imaginary.
4. It is suggested that or It is believed that or It is indicated that: The author believes.
5. It is generally believed that: A couple of other guys think so, too.
6. It might be argued that: I have such a good answer to this objection that I shall now raise it.
7. It is clear that much additional work will be required before a complete understanding is found: The author does not understand it.