1) Trace a PROTRACTOR onto an old notepad back or thin cardboard. Starting with the 0° mark on the LEFT side - make marks on the board every 5° from 0° to 90°. Draw a line from 90° back to the protractor's origin point. This should now look like 1/2 of a protractor.
2) Cut out the 1/2 protractor, LEAVING AN EXTRA INCH ALONG THE ORIGIN TO 90° EDGE!
3) Make a sharp fold along the extra inch allowed in #2.
4) Glue the FOLDED edge onto your meterstick, a little less than the distance from the "0" end as your arm is long (so you can reach it while holding the "0" end up to your eye).
5) Glue one end of a 30 cm. (1ft) long string to the quadrant's origin point & tie a weight to the other end of the string
Back to the text Home Page
(last updated 8/31/98)