- Right Click on the taskbar.
- Select Minimize All Windows
- Right Click on the Desktop.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Below the picture of the moniter, you will see two controls.
One is a combo box (has the down triangle button to the right) and the other is a slider. Use the combo box to set the color mode (Color palette), and the slider to set the resolution a.k.a. Desktop area.
- Note: If you plan on changing the color settings, you may need to restart Windows. To change the color mode, pull down the combo box and select High Color (16 Bit) or True Color (32 Bit)
- To increase the resolution, slide the slider to the right.
- Click OK. If it prompts you to restart windows, you will need to close or exit all programs.