This section covers how to do advanced programming for the web. There are five
- CGI in C++: A very fast, compiled language. Good for
very processor intensive programs.
- CGI in Perl: A language which is very good at string
manipulation. Most CGI programs are done in Perl.
- Java Applets: Java is cross-platform, meaning that a Java
applet will run on any computer provided it has a Java virtual machine. However,
there are some performance considerations with using Java.
- Server Side Includes: These are used in conjunction with CGI
programs to do processing before the server sends out pages.
- Programming Links: Further information on