lesson: Lights, camera, action!
- to make students aware of techniques advertisers use to influence them
- Read "Lights, camera, action!"
- Have students use the "Lights, camera, action!" ad simulation to create ads for Splash!.
- Discuss the ads as a class. Which video and audio combinations were most effective?
- Have students break up into small groups and storyboard a Splash! commercial of their own:
- Decide on a target audience for the commercial.
- Develop the overall concept.
- Decide what techniques would convey the desired attitude or image.
- Share the storyboards with the class. Have students explain their creative choices. Use the most effective ad BBS to share with students all over the world.
Questions? Comments? Post them to the Teacher's BBS.