lesson: Image is Everything
- to help students recognize the difference between selling a product and selling an image
- Make a list of some shows that students regularly watch.
- Tape the ads that air during those shows.
- Watch the tapes as a class and determine which commercials are using an image to sell their product and which commercials persuade based on the merits of the product. Some ads that emphasize image are:
- Levi's Jeans
- Calvin Klein
- Certain car commercials
- Discuss the types of images that are used.
Questions? Comments? Post them to the Teacher's BBS.