Losing Weight Without Dieting
Stop eating scraps and scrap your diet!
Dieting doesn't work, as studies have proven. The
weight just doesn't stay off - people who have dieted regain
between a third and two-thirds of the weight they lost within
- Aim for the most comfortable weight you can
be, accepting your natural body shape and size.
- Replace dieting with natural eating, where no
foods are forbidden.
- Eat according to your hunger, eating only when
hungry; eat more slowly.
- Stop eating when you feel full.
- Don't put your life on hold while you try to
reach your goal weight.
- Find an activity you can do when you feel down
or under pressure. Don't rely on food if you feel
- Find an exercise you enjoy and do it
regularly. Even 10 minutes of movement is better than none. Power
walking is one of the best ways to burn off fat.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Eat more carbohydrate snacks like bananas and
baked potatoes and fewer high-fat snacks. Cutting down on fats is
one of the best ways to shed weight.
- Allow yourself to love food.
Know what "Eating Right"
Listen to you body. Work with it by feeding it
healthy food and exercising regularly.
And remember that nobody is perfect - and
no body is perfect.