2. What is the cycle that produces oxygen for us to breathe?
oxothesis kenisthesis photosynthesis
3. What are the patterns of air movements called?
doldrums westerlies zephers
4. What is the main cause of air tides?
lunar winds gravitational attraction
5. How many layers does the ionosphere consists of?
4 6 8
6. When is the best time to send a short-wave radio
during peak sunspot
activity when there are no
sunspots it doesn't
7. Phototropism is the result of a plant hormone called:
menitoxin auxin chlorophyll
8. When chlorophyll traps light and releases electrons, energy is
stored in the form of:
ATP ADP ASP
9. The first known scientific writing about rainbows was in 1310
Galileo Theodoric Copernicus
10. Which time is best to see rainbows during?
summer winter it doesn't
11. The Sun doesn't travel due east to due west it travels:
in an arc pattern in a circle pattern slightly angled
12. Which has more of an effect on the Earth's tides:
wind Sun Moon
13. Which of these civilizations "solar calendar" predicted
Egyptians Mayans Greeks
©Copyright 1998 Elizabeth
Beckett, Holly Bernitt, and Vishwa Chandra.