Meta Tags can be one of the most useful parts of HTML that you will ever learn.
You can use them to have search engines pick up your site, to automatically refresh a page,
to make sure a page does not cache and much more. Below you will find many of the most common
and most useful meta tags for your site.
To use a meta tag, simple change the values to mach what you want them to be and add them
in between the <head> and </head> tags. That's all!
NOTE!!!! This page is meant to be read AFTER our Promotion Guide
Meta Tags are very important and very helpful, so use them when you need them. They don't take up any load time or anything
like that. If you need help, Email us.
- <META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="31 Dec 1998 12:00:01 GMT">
This meta tag tells the browser when to no longer use the cached version of your web site.
- <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
This tag tells the browser not to cache a web page, which means that it will load
from the web every time a user visits it.
- <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.newurl.com">
This tag tells the browser to go to a new page after a set amount of time.
It can be used to have a page automatically update every so often or just to forward a
user from one page to the next.Note: the time you enter is NOT in seconds.
- <META HTTP-EQUIV="Window-target" CONTENT="_top">
This tag servers to stop a page from loading in another frameset (doesn't always work).
- <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="chickens, web site, order, secure, eggs, white eggs, yolk">
This meta tags allows you to enter keywords that can be used by search engines when indexing your site. Use
up to 200 words, and don't repeat a word more then 3 times.
- <META NAME="description" CONTENT="This page is about chickens and buying their eggs">
This meta tag also works with search engines and is used for a description for your site.
- <META NAME="author" CONTENT="your name">
This tells the search engine who made the web page
- <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="all | none | index |noindex | follow | nofollow">
This last meta tags works to tell search engines if they may look at your site for keywords so they
can list it. Your should leave this on all unless you don't want your site to be on search engines
Back to Main